RF Cautery – 2MHz
The Technique of Radio Surgery involves the passage of high frequency radio waves(2mhz-Megahertz) through soft tissue to cut, coagulate, or remove the tissue. Soft tissue resistance to these radio waves causes the cellular water in the soft tissue to heat, which produces steam and results in cellular molecular dissolution of individual tissue cells.
The surgeon uses a hand piece with an active electrode (different type of electrodes for different applications) to transmit the radio waves. The radio waves are focused on the tissue by an antenna plate (Patient plate) that is positioned behind the tissue in contact with patient’s skin.
Radio surgery in general practice has many advantages over conventional surgical techniques particularly dermatological, plastic and eye lid surgery, ENT, Dental, quicker operating time ; rapid healing, less tissue damage and less post operative discomfort have been observed and its wider use in hospital practice is recommended.
- Minimum heat with no charring resulting in least tissue damage.
- Cutting & fulguration is optional.
- Minimum blood loss & pain Shock proof.
- Local anesthesia is not required on the surface of the skin or in superficial procedures.
- Sparkless integrated circuit of latest technology for fast and continuous procedures.
- Pin point cutting capability.
- The portable Q-switcher is a small size, convenient for itinerant service.
- Power input 220 volts +-5%
- Power consumption 150 Watts
- Frequency 2 MHZ
- Maximum Output
- HF Monopolar 150Watts on 400 ohm load
- HF Bipolar 100 Watts on 100 ohm load
- Fulguration 100 Watts on 1000 ohm.
- Size: 8 1/2″ X 7 1/2″ X 4″
- Weight: 3.5 Kgs